3/24/2014

03-24-14 - GDC 2014 Aftermath

The Saturday after GDC, I took BART to Richmond to get on an Amtrak train.

(I got on the wrong train; lol; Amtrak trains have no signs or anything indicating which train they are. So I'm standing on the platform waiting, and at about the right time a train pulls up. Everyone on the platform gets on, and there's no announcement or anything so I just hop on. Nobody takes tickets at the door. Eventually a train guy walks through to check tickets and tells me I'm on the wrong train. Oops. It was my first time on Amtrak I think; it was pretty dang nice actually; if they had car-carrying trains I would use that to avoid long freeway treks).

Got on the right train and took it to Sacramento and just got to a bank before 1 PM. Bought an E46 M3. Immediately pointed it north on the 5 and drove all the way to Seattle.

(took one tiny detour to drive some mountain roads near Shasta; just had to open her up a tiny bit. Yum yum fucking yum. What a car.)

Woot. So exhausted from the combined GDC + drive, but happy to be home with the wonderful family, spring flowers blooming, and my dream car in the garage.

... and back to work. Sigh.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Woo hoo awesome! Getting something you *really want* is such a great feeling.

cbloom said...

Yah. Especially after looking for *ages*.

Marshall Pierce said...

Very cool! You've been looking for a very long time. (And I guess I've been reading this blog for a very long time!) As a fellow E46 fan, I'm curious to know what you decided on.

MH said...

Sigh, I miss that car.

old rants