9/15/2011

09-15-11 - Spray Park

Spray Park is one of those easily accessible and outrageously beautiful places that are a real bonus to living here. You hike through a bunch of typical northwest forest, up a decently hard hill, and then suddenly emerge into this sub-alpine meadow wonderland of little wild flower and new growth, backed by the giant mountain. Further up you can get into the true alpine barren lands, which are sort of calming in their emptiness. Eventually you get up into big snow fields, where I've seen the crazy outdoors people skiing in the middle of summer.

2 comments:

Tom Forsyth said...

My wife wanted to post a comment pointing out that had you been there a month earlier, the place would have been contagious with hallucinatory arrays of mountain flowers. But I told her that would be mean, so she didn't.

cbloom said...

Yeah I always get there too late in the year. But that just gives me a reason to go back another year. Maybe I'll backpack the Wonderland some year.

old rants