9/09/2010

09-09-10 - Misc

People who RAR their torrents are worse than Hilter.

I think Ricky Gervais fucking sucks. I tried to put up with his podcast because everyone says it's great, but all he does is make fun of Karl Pilkington and laugh like an asshole. I just downloaded his "Out of England" standup and it is excruciating. Obviously he's doing the character of an asshole in both of those, but it seems like he's sort of adopted a permanent performance art where he plays a non-funny jerk, and I just don't enjoy the meta-humor of that enough to put up with it.

I disconnected my cable TV a while ago and I'm mostly happy with that, but now that football season is upon us I am wishing I had it. Of course TV is just a stupid waste of time, but hell that's pretty much what life is, we're all just trying to waste time until we get the sweet sweet peace of death.

7 comments:

Joel Bernstein said...

That fucking Hilter...

Gilles said...

Try "animals" there are clips from it on youtube.

Autodidactic Asphyxiation said...

Also, bitches be crazy.

kim said...

Amen on Gervais.

jqb said...

One can have that sweet sweet peace whenever one wants it, so I don't think that's quite what we're doing. If we're wasting time, then what would not wasting time be?

Thatcher Ulrich said...

I watched a lot of the world cup on espn3 (I.e. online) and it was pretty OK. Roku has a MLB.com channel (that we don't use because of the stupid blackout nonsense).

Not sure what's available for football.

They always manage to mess up the nice internet properties though. E.g. Netflix & Amazon are blocked (by IP) out here in Germany, stupid stupid stupid.

cbloom said...

"They always manage to mess up the nice internet properties though. E.g. Netflix & Amazon are blocked (by IP) out here in Germany, stupid stupid stupid. "

Yeah there's tons of stuff on channel4 and BBC online that's blocked for the US. WTF it's the internet.

old rants