12/11/2009

12-11-09 - Egged

My house was egged last night. Or I should say my front door was egged as that appears to be the only spot hit.

It's perplexing because it feels like it was a targetted strike, not random kids being hooligans. I did a little walk around the neighborhood and I didn't see any other egged houses; if it was random kids I would have expected to see a whole dozen eggs used up in a spree down the street.

Also my house has a big fence in front of it with a gate you have to open. There's no way you could hit the front door over the fence, somebody specifically opened the gate and came in and threw the egg. That's not the kind of thing random kids on a spree do, they go for the easiest targets.

So now I'm trying to puzzle out who has a grudge against me that would do this (and knows my address). All I can think of is Old Lady Who Ran Into Me. Maybe that's how you settled scores back in the 50's.

The funny thing is this is exactly the kind of thing I often think about doing to people who have wronged me (like landlords, neighbors, and so on). I wish the person had left a note.

5 comments:

Jim said...

Maybe it's a neighbor. Maybe you offended them unknowingly by playing your music too loud or stepping on their flowers. I've often thought about slamming an egg into one of my neighbor's door.

Aaron said...

My vote is for random. On the other hand, if it was someone doing something out of spite, by egging you they've given you the upper hand, so anything you've been doing to piss someone off, you should now do it 10x more intensely. No way it was the old lady, dude :) If it was, that's fucking HOT.

cbloom said...

"Maybe it's a neighbor. Maybe you offended them unknowingly by playing your music too loud or stepping on their flowers. I've often thought about slamming an egg into one of my neighbor's door."

Yeah, I assume this was it, I just can't figure out what it could be that brought it on. Very strange.

I don't even know what behavior to do to make it happen again.

God damn people are such fuckers.

Timothy Farrar said...

Sounds like you need a mute vicious dog. No bark to warn the intruder, just the bite.

cbloom said...

Or a booby trap. Though since we live in this ridiculous country with all it's "laws" it would have to be non-injurious.

old rants