3/23/2009

03-23-09 - Neighborhood Spring

The lovely Big Picture series about spring reminded me that I've really enjoyed all the daffodils and crocuses that have been blooming here of late. It certainly doesn't feel like spring here - it's still cold and gray - but the plants seem to think it is. I guess daphodils and crocus are classic northern European flowers, and Seattle is a lot like northern Europe; it's different than the desert wild flowers of spring I'm used to in Texas and Southern California, like the poppies, bluebonnets, indian paint, all that kind of stuff.

Anyway, I took some pictures walking around the neighborhood the other day. I think there's a very modest beauty to the little patches of flowers.

Also, this is right near us and always makes me laugh :

No comments:

old rants