10/01/2008

10-01-08 - 4

One of my huge pet peeves is when people are like "oh yeah, do whatever you want, I don't care" and then when you actually do something or suggest something you discover they actually do have very specific desires and just didn't tell you. Like you're trying to decide where to go eat and they're like "oh, I don't care", so you suggest a place, and they go "mmm, no" , you suggest another "not that", urgh, fuck, so obviously you do care, why don't you give me some fucking clue what the boundaries are so I can work within them.

I think this is the same thing that really frustrates video game artists. If you give them really specific rules where they know things will be okay, then they can just relax and go to town and explore what they can do within those rules. The thing that really pisses you off is when you think you have freedom, and you try things, and you keep getting told, no, not that, not that, not that.

No comments:

old rants