5/18/2008

05-18-08 - 5

The place I want to vacation has a fresh water swimming hole, with clear water and a waterfall running in to it, hot weather, and a good rock or sandy bank to lounge in the sun. It should be a bit of a trek to get to, so that it's mostly deserted and I can swim naked by myself. That's it. Seems easy. But how the fuck do you find that? There must be hundreds of them in the world, but I don't know where they are.

I could give a fuck about historical crap or famous sites or checking the wonders of the world off my list. I don't give a rats ass. I just want my little idyllic swimming hole to myself. I'll bring my own booze and music and food and have a little happy party.

I have found some sites for the US now : Waterfalls West , WayMarking swimming holes , Swimming Holes dot info

I suppose that on this issue I am becoming one those weird old people who become overly obsessed with some obscure pleasure. I often mocked these strange oldsters when I was young because it is pretty ridiculous and silly. They pick some certain thing, for many it's something generic and uncreative like golf, for others it's swing dancing where they get all the outfits and practice all the time, or maybe it's wine varietals, and they just spend way too much time on that one thing way beyond what's reasonable or pleasurable for a sane person. Well, the truth is that as you get older you realize that most things in life just fucking suck balls, and when you find something that you like, you just want to do that thing a lot. But as you do it more you become more picky about it, so you want to do it better, then you want to do it perfectly, so you gradually become this bizarre obsessed person who spends months preparing for this little event that seems like no big deal to a sane young person.

No comments:

old rants