3/26/2008

03-26-08 - 2

The positive effects of me writing personal things in this space are very very small. The negative effects have been quite large a few times in my life. It's pretty obviously not worth it. I should really delete all the personal stuff and never write anything personal again.

It used to make both Dan and Tiffiny very upset, not because I was writing anything personal about them or our relationship, but because they felt like I was sharing more of my inner thoughts with the anonymous internet than I was with them.

The positive effect is mainly that it leads me to email threads with people I'm close to on a much more intimate level than we would otherwise communicate. I've gotten some very good emails recently because of that, but in theory I could have those conversations with my friends without using a public blog to initiate them. In practice I probably can't.


More : 11/2007 to 03/2008

No comments:

old rants