09-15-06 - 1

I file as a pro in California, which means I pay a hefty state tax as well as self employment tax. My total tax burden is greater than 50%, which obviously I'd like to reduce in some sort of legal way. These are the best things I've thought of :

1. Move to a state without income tax, or that doesn't tax poker. Anyone have a list?

2. Get a job so I'm not "pro" and thus don't pay SE tax. eg. it's much better to make 70k at a job + 70k at poker rather than make 150k at poker.

3. Move to a country that doesn't tax gambling. Anyone know the rules on paying US taxes if you live abroad all year?

No comments:

old rants