9/11/2006

09-11-06 - 5

I'm leaving tomorrow to go camping in King's Canyon, in Cedar Grove. I haven't been there since I was a kid; my family lived in LA and we used to drive in our big old station wagon up to Yosemite, Sequoia, etc. for camping trips. I plan on doing the Paradise Valley hike and the Alta Peak hike.

For some reason I'm wanting to go backpacking. I've never really wanted to before, I like the convenience of car camping & day hikes, but right now I'd really like to get out into the deep wilderness all alone.

Last Tuesday we went to the "Drawing Restrain / Mathew Barney" exhibit at SFMOMA. It was the free day so the place was packed. It occured to me that in that situation you can go on the free day with people around, or you can pay for the right to not be around other humans. The crowd wasn't so bad that there were any lines or problems, just

No comments:

old rants