8/27/2006

08-27-06 - 2

So, I got raw peanuts at a local market and roasted them myself for the first time. It's pretty trivial, 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes for shell-on peanuts. Anyhoo, yesterday we got some "green" peanuts at farmer's market. They're not actually green, the "green" refers to the fact that they're raw and fresh, not blanched or dried. They're very soft and smell strongly like potatos or something. Anyway I'm trying to roast them now and it's not going well. I've had them in a 350 degree oven for an hour now and they're still soft.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a subject where the internet mocks me. If you search for peanut roasting directions, you find this same little snippet of directions over and over which people have copy pasted; I've been to like 100 web sites now and every single one of them has the exact same directions word for word. Damn!

No comments:

old rants